It’s important to have all the facts and knowledge before starting a home exterior painting project. Those that have a good idea of what a project entails will be well prepared for whatever comes their way. Home painting projects are pretty straightforward but there are still plenty of details to ask about so that you know your home is in good hands. Here’s a list of questions we suggest asking your exterior painting before they get started on your home.
About the Company
Knowing how a company operates is an important factor in choosing the perfect painter for the job. These are key questions that will give you a good idea of who you’re working with and whether they’re qualified for the job.
- Do you have insurance?
- Can I see a portfolio of past projects?
- Do you have a list of references?
- What kind of training or certifications do you have your staff go through?
- How long have you been in business?
- Do you have background checks on your employees?
- Is your company licensed?
About the Price
It’s a good idea to have as accurate of an estimate as possible when it comes to pricing. You don’t want to be caught off guard. Many companies will offer free quotes, consultations, or estimates to get you on the right track.
- Do you offer free quotes?
- How much does it cost to complete the job?
- Does the cost include materials and disposal of materials?
- What payment plans or financing options are available?
About the Prep
While prep work can be minimal, some homes need more attention than others. Make sure to ask about any tasks that need to be done before the painting can be completed. You may need to patch up any holes, replace pieces of siding, or spray down your home. Some companies will rent you the equipment while others can tackle these fixes themselves.
- How will the house be prepared for painting?
- Do you guys offer cleaning and washing services?
- How far in advance do you schedule exterior paintings?
About the Work
Finally, ask about what goes into the actual project. You’ll want to look for someone that uses high-quality materials and is capable of being there for you onsite or delegating someone as your point of contact instead.
- Is there a warranty or guarantee that comes with the work?
- What kind of materials do you use?
- Are you personally involved in the painting, or does it get delegated to a subcontractor?
- What is the size of the crew and how long will it take to complete painting?
- Will the house be cleaned up after the painting is completed?
- Who is my point of contact during the project?
Looking for a professional painter in Woodstock, Georgia? Contact Fillo Painting at (770) 769-7941 today and ask about our exterior painting services.