As the seasons change, so can the appearance and integrity of our homes. But worry not! We’re here to guide you on making your house not only aesthetically pleasing but durable through all seasons. Today, we’ll explore the best practices for preparing your home remodel and the different challenges each season brings.
5 Exterior Home Remodel Challenges
While exterior remodels can add value, beauty, and durability to your property, they also come with their own set of challenges. Here are 5 common issues homeowners face during an exterior remodel:
- Weather Resistance: A major challenge for any type of outdoor renovation is extreme weather conditions. Heavy rain, high winds, or intense heat can damage materials and delay the project. Consider weather patterns before starting a project and plan accordingly to avoid any unexpected delays and damage to what’s supposed to be an exciting endeavor.
- Budget Constraints: Another common challenge is sticking to your budget while also getting the desired results. From labor to material expenses, it’s crucial to have a detailed plan and stick to it. Going off the rails can be the downfall of your project.
- Unpredictable Schedules: Remodeling projects often suffer from unexpected delays or changes in the construction timeline. This could be due to weather, supply shortages, or unforeseen issues discovered during the project.
- Regulations and Permits: Depending on the scope of your project, you may need to obtain various permits and follow specific rules. This can add time and expenses to your remodel.
- Maintaining Curb Appeal: It’s important to balance functionality and design when it comes to exterior home remodels. You want your property to stand out, but also blend in with the neighborhood and not decrease its value.
What Seasonal Changes Can Do to Your Home
As the seasons change, different elements can take a toll on your home’s exterior. For example, extreme heat can cause paint to fade or crack, while freezing temperatures can lead to cracking or warping of wood. So, how can you avoid this altogether? It all lies in the time of year you choose to take on your exterior home remodeling project.
The Best Time of Year to Tackle a Project
Many homeowners wonder when the best time to tackle an exterior home remodel is. Generally, it’s recommended to start in early spring or summer. This allows for more predictable weather conditions and gives you enough time to complete the project before colder temperatures arrive.
Before starting your remodel, make sure to do the following for optimal preparation:
- Plan ahead and have a detailed budget
- Research local regulations and obtain necessary permits
- Hire a reputable and experienced contractor
- Consider the weather forecast for potential delays
Fillo Painting Is The Answer to Your Exterior Home Remodel
At Fillo Painting, our team of professionals is here to make your exterior home remodel a stress-free experience. We offer quality services, competitive pricing, and a commitment to meeting your specific needs and vision for your home. Contact us today for a consultation and let us help you transform the look and durability of your property!