Nowadays, having a nice porch just doesn’t cut it—people are looking to add more visual interest to their space. Gazebos and pergolas are two popular outdoor structures that can instantly transform your yard into an elegant, inviting space. With pergola or gazebo construction, you can curate your own outdoor entertainment space under the shade of one of these structures and create a beautiful, functional place for your family and friends.
But which structure is right for you? We’ll go over the differences between gazebos and pergolas so you can decide what best suits your needs.
Everything You Should Know About Gazebos
A gazebo is a four-sided structure with a roof and open sides. You’ll see these in many public parks and gardens, protecting the area you and your friends picnic. But here’s what else it can provide for you:
- Rain and Sun Protection – Gazebos are completely covered, making them a great option if you’re looking for protection from any and all elements. Rain or shine, enjoy some peace under your gazebo construction.
- More Privacy – Since it’s enclosed on all sides, gazebos offer more privacy than pergolas. You can use curtains or other materials to give yourself even more separation from the outside world for a serene atmosphere.
- Gazebo Construction Options – Depending on your budget and design preferences, gazebos can be made of wood, metal, or vinyl. They come in a variety of sizes and shapes to fit whatever area you have in mind, specially catered to you.
The Benefits of Pergolas
On the other hand, a pergola is an open latticework roof structure with open sides which provides shade, but not rain protection. Here’s what you’ll benefit from when you choose a pergola over a gazebo construction:
- Create a Sense of Space – Pergolas are great for defining specific spaces in your yard. You can use them to designate areas such as a garden or seating area, adding visual interest with their latticework design.
- Climbing Plant Vines – Traditional gazebos don’t offer the same opportunity for vines and plants to grow along the sides. With a pergola, you can use it as a support structure for growing vines and other plants to add a touch of nature to your outdoor space.
- Stay Cool in the Summer – If you’re looking for a way to stay cool in the summer, but don’t need protection from rain or sun, pergolas are the perfect option. The latticework roof will provide some shade during those hot days.
Whether you decide on gazebo construction or choose to go with a pergola, you’ll have an outdoor oasis that improves the value of your home. With a little bit of planning and vision, you can create a spot that will be enjoyed by all who visit on top of your deck.
Elevate Your Yard with Fillo Painting
Regardless of your choice between gazebo construction and pergolas, Fillo Painting can help you make it a reality. With years of experience, our professionals will get the job done quickly and efficiently so that you can start enjoying your new outdoor space in no time. Contact us today and be the talk of the town with your new outdoor oasis!