Is your home in need of an exterior paint job? If so, make sure you’ve done some work before the paint goes on for a flawless job that doesn’t take forever. Check out these 5 tips for a successful exterior paint job:
- Test for lead: Homes built before the 1980s that still has its original paint needs to be tested for lead. This protects you and anyone else working on removing old paint.
- Scrape off loose paint: Scrape off as much old, loose paint as you can to avoid weird, discolored patches.
- Power wash the home: Before painting, make sure you’re working on a clean surface. Power washing gets rid of mildew stains and other debris so that the new paint adheres well.
- Sand rough spots: After scraping off paint and power washing, sand down spots for a smooth finish.
- Fill in holes: If there’s any damage to the home’s exterior, get it fixed before you paint. Replace broken siding and fill in holes for a beautiful and flawless paint job.
Painting a house isn’t a small undertaking. To get the job done faster, hire a team of experts who know what they’re doing. Fillo Painting can help you with your exterior paint job. At Fillo Painting, we paint houses of all shapes and sizes from small cottages to McMansions. No job is too big or small for our team of expert painters. We also offer interior painting and other services. All of our jobs are protected by a 5-year warranty. For no-money upfront and low-pricing, contact your locally-owned Fillo Painting to get your deck, porch, exterior, and interior painted right away! We serve both residential and commercial clients in the North Metro Atlanta area. Call us today at (770) 769-7941.