Interior painting can have a huge effect on a home or business. A drab and boring waiting room can turn into a relaxing and welcoming environment, an informal bathroom can become a relaxing, spa-like atmosphere, and a cluttered living room can look stylishly eclectic—all with the right paint color. Of course, this also assumes that you know how to perform interior house painting in Canton, GA. Interior painting is tougher than it seems, especially if you want the best results from your investment in paint and brushes.
If you want to see for yourself what dramatic effects painting can have on a home or business, read these 10 tips and follow them closely before the first splash of color touches the wall.
– Prevent lap marks, or clumps of paint, by applying paint with a roller up the length of the wall, then continue horizontally with each stroke slightly overlapping the edge of the last.
– For perfect edges, corners, and lines, be sure to apply painter’s tape, then only remove it once you are certain that all of the paint is dry.
– or consistent color throughout the room or building, mix paint in one large container instead of mixing all paint cans separately.
– You may associate painting with large, noisy plastic floor coverings, but a canvas drop cloth made of cotton will be easier to work with while also acting as a protective layer. You do not need to tape down or wipe up canvas, and it will allow the paint to dry.
– Using a paintbrush is ideal for certain areas, but you should always run a roller along all edges. This will make the surface look even and will let the tape contain the mess.
– Pain the trim, wainscoting, and molding before you paint the wall. This will allow you to correct your mistakes as you paint over the wall. Just don’t forget to use painter’s tape.
– Interior house paint will not bind perfectly to a dirty wall. In fact, grime can even mix with the paint and show through the final result. Therefore, you should be sure to clean all walls thoroughly before you begin painting, even if they do not look dirty.
– If you have patched or repaired your wall, be sure to apply primer and texture before painting; otherwise, the patches will show through the paint, causing an uneven and unappealing surface.
– Trim is tricky because it will show flaws or previous paint through each coat. That is, unless you sand the trim between each coat. This requires a professional touch, but if you do it correctly, you will have smooth, elegant trim.
Be sure to follow these tips when you paint your home or business. Of course, if you hire professionals for interior house painting in Canton, GA, you can rely on their expertise and skill for an elegant, attractive paint job with dramatic visual results.