The Best and Worst Paint Colors for Kitchen Walls
Your kitchen is the moneymaker of the home. To boost your home’s value, renovating the kitchen is one of the best things to do. However, you don’t always need to tear out counters and replace appliances to give your kitchen a facelift. Sometimes a simple coat of paint is all it takes to update things and give you more equity in your home. Before you pick out paint colors, it’s a good idea to take a look at some of the colors that can help boost the value of your kitchen or completely destroy it. After that, you can hire painters in Roswell to help you get the most out of your home.
The Best Colors
- Red. If you’re looking to stimulate appetite and leave your guests wanting more, red is the perfect color. Reddish hues are thought to instill hunger, making it a perfect choice for kitchens and dining room. Plus, with so many different shades, it’s easy to find one that coordinates with your cabinets and finishes.
- White. Clean and bright is one of the hottest trends right now. White is the perfect way to give your kitchen a modern and energizing feel. Plus, it gives you more liberty to add color to your backsplash and countertops.
- Grey. When in doubt, go for grey. Grey is perfect for any home and every kitchen. It pairs perfectly with many different colors. If you need a cooler color, ash or charcoal is great. For something a little bit warmer, choose a beige-grey. No matter what hue you need, there is a grey tone for you.
- Dark greys, blacks, and purples. Home design experts say that buyers are most turned off by dark colors in the kitchen. Not only does it make the room appear smaller, but it also creates an uninviting environment. Keep things as light and airy as possible.
- Terracotta. There’s a reason why this isn’t a common color to see in a kitchen. Terracotta is a mix of orange and red. When put in a kitchen, it blends in with a lot of cabinets and flooring. Steer clear of anything that doesn’t compliment or contrast what’s already in place in your kitchen. You want to choose colors that complement the finishes already in place.
The Worst Colors
The kitchen is a great place to start ensuring your home is worth all it can be. Before deciding on any major renovations, choose a paint color. Interior painting may be the easiest way to give your home the facelift it needs.