Signs That It’s Time to Repaint Your Home
The color of your home gives it character and makes it stand out from your neighbors. Over time, the paint on the exterior of your home needs to be spruced up and redone. If you’re not sure whether it’s time to call a professional painting company in Roswell, take a look at these signs that it’s time to repaint your home.
- Peeling paint. Paint begins to wear and peel after its been on your home for a few years. If you notice that the trim and exterior of your home is starting to peel or develop spider-like cracks, it’s one of the most obvious signs that it’s time to paint your home. Usually, there is one side of your home that is exposed to sun more than others. Because of this, it might wear more quickly. Peeling paint allows the elements to affect the structure of your home. Repainting as soon as possible prevents further problems and restores the appearance of your home.
- Chalkiness. Paint tends to break down over time. When this happens, it almost appears a bit chalky. This whitish cast signals that the integrity of the paint is beginning to deteriorate. Damaged paint could lead to damaged wood underneath. When you see a chalky film, it’s time to call the painters and repaint your exterior.
- Wood rot. If your home is showing signs of rot around the windows or door frames, re-painting should be your next step. Because paint helps protect the wood underneath from the weather and elements, the structure of your home could be compromised without fixing the paint.
- Dirty paint. With weather and sun always beating down on it, even the most beautiful of paint colors can begin to look dirty. While pressure washing and scrubbing the exterior is a great way to restore the color to its original hue, that might not always work. If washing isn’t giving your home the polished look that it used to, it’s time for a new coat.
- Outdated color. Chances are that the exterior of your home was painted a certain color based on the trends at the time it was built. However beautiful it was back then, it could be giving your home an old-fashioned look now. Choosing a more modern color palette is a great way to bring your home up to date.
No matter how long it’s been since your last paint job, if your home is showing any of the above signs, it’s time to call a painting company in Roswell. Exterior painting is the perfect way to give your home a facelift and improve its curb appeal.